As a company providing online and call-centre travel booking services, we recognize that maintaining our customer's trust is the most important thing we can do. The trust that our customer's place in us is valued
above all else and we make it the highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of any personal information supplied to us.
The following sets out some of our core policies with respect to consumer information collected:
What is 'Personal Information'?
What information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways:
- When you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, phone number or other Personally Identifiable information.
- When visiting our website we automatically collect session information about your computer (e.g., your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer), and referring website). We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. We use this automatically collected information to customize your user experience, to inhibit fraud, and to serve advertisements and special offers and other information that may be of interest to you.
Unless permitted or required by law, we will not collect, use or share Personal Information without first obtaining your consent. We will obtain consent when we want to use Personal Information for a new purpose or for a purpose other than those stated at the time of collection, in this policy or in the terms and conditions of the specific product, service, program, contest, promotion or event you signed up for, participated in or purchased. Consent can be "express" through words or by specific acts or "implied" by the conduct of the individual whose Personal Information is being collected, used or shared. Unless we determine that we require an additional consent for specific products, services, programs, contests, promotions or events, you agree and consent that as our customer, we may collect, use, share or otherwise process your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
You may withdraw your consent for certain purposes. For example, you may choose not to receive:
· information addressed to you personally about products, services, programs, contests, promotions or events offered by us or companies with whom we have business relationships; or
· invitations addressed to you personally to comment on the products, services, programs, contests, promotions or events that you use or that are available to you.
Please note that in certain circumstances, your consent may not be withdrawn. For example, you may not withdraw your consent where our collection, use or sharing is permitted or required by law.
Please also be aware that, even if you have withdrawn your consent to receive marketing communications from us, we may continue to contact you for certain non-marketing purposes necessary for the management of our businesses, as required by law or related to products, services, programs, contests, promotions or events that you had signed up for, agreed to participate in or purchased.
To withdraw or limit your consent, you can contact us as described below in "Contacting Us About Your Privacy". If you have a product, service or program, such as an insurance policy, or are participating in a contest, promotion or event, that is offered by a third party together with us, you may also have to provide your consent preferences or withdraw your consent with that third party separately.
Please note that it may take some time for all of our records to reflect changes in your preferences. For example, if you request that you not receive personalized marketing communications from us, your preference may not be captured for a promotion already in progress.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information, including Personal Information, we collect from or about you may be used for the following purposes:
- To fulfill the travel products and services purchased through us
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
Your Personal Information collected by us will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, unsubscribe instructions will be included at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee data security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information provided to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes.
We also offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
After a transaction, your credit card information will not be stored on our servers.
Where do we keep your Personal Information?
We store, access and use Personal Information in Canada. Unless there is a legal or regulatory requirement to keep such information in Canada, Personal Information may also be stored, accessed, or used outside of Canada. For instance, when we engage a service provider outside of Canada, Personal Information may be stored, accessed or used in any country where the service provider is located, or from which it provides services, including the United States. Where Personal Information is located outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We also share your Personal Information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. Referring websites (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one).
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share your Personal Information with our travel-related corporate affiliates. To the extent that our corporate affiliates have access to your information, they will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Policy. They also will comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications.
We may also release your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property or safety.
Access and Dispute Resolution
For your Personal Information, we provide a right of access and review in accordance with applicable laws, and will endeavor to provide the Personal Information in question within a reasonable time. You will be asked for identification so that we may verify your identity before providing you with your Personal Information. If you require the documents in an alternative format, we will make reasonable efforts to provide you with your Personal Information in that format. If there will be charges for us to retrieve or provide you with specific information that you have requested, we will advise you of the charges that you would be responsible for and obtain your authorization before proceeding.
Our policy is to respond to access requests as required by applicable laws, however we may decline access to Personal Information in certain circumstances. These include where the information requested would reveal confidential information or Personal Information about someone else, or if legal or regulatory requirements prohibit providing access or permit not providing access to such information.
If you are concerned about how we treat your Personal Information, please contact us as set out below under "Contacting Us About Your Privacy".
If the Privacy Officer is unable to address your concern to your satisfaction, arbitration may be an option recommended to you to settle the dispute. Arbitration is a form of dispute resolution. If the parties decide to pursue arbitration, then the parties would refer the dispute to an arbitrator who would take into account the evidence of each of the parties and render a decision.
If you remain unsatisfied, you may bring the matter to the attention of the appropriate Privacy Commissioner. Some of our activities are subject to the jurisdiction of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada; other activities are subject to the jurisdiction of the Privacy Commissioner of your province of residence.
Contacting Us About Your Privacy
2810 Matheson Blvd. East, Suite 300 Mississauga, Ontario
Attention: Privacy Officer
Phone: (905) 268-1261